Central & Sheung Wan Foodie Tour
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: CSW
COME JOIN OUR CENTRAL & SHEUNG WAN FOODIE TOUR!
Savor the Food — Taste your way through the old neighborhoods of Central and Sheung Wan. Along the 3 hour 30 minute-tour, discover some of Hong Kong's favorite food and drinks as you stroll off the beaten path in Hong Kong's financial and commercial area. Our journey will take us to six family-run tasting locations, each has been specially selected not only to represent the best examples of Hong Kong cuisine but also for the unique and interesting stories behind them. At each location, you'll learn about the secrets behind what makes the selected tastings so special. All food and drink tastings are included in the ticket price of HK$770.
Experience History, Architecture & Culture — Along our food tour, your local Foodie guide will share fun facts about the neighborhoods, recount stories of Hong Kong’s development and lead you to beautiful colonial architecture that still remains. As we meander from one tasting location to another, we will also walk through an open market, watch how locals buy fresh fish and if you’re lucky, you might be able to sneak a peek of a cage of snakes in a shop selling snake soup and wine.
Delicious food specialties are served on the Central & Sheung Wan Foodie Tour (subject to change):
- Wonton Noodle Shop: A brother and sister team now runs this award-winning family restaurant started by their grandfather. Relish the wontons, noodles and broth with intense flavor.
- Roast Meat Restaurant: Taste some succulent roast meat. Find out how the owner perfected roasting such juicy meat over the last 30 years.
- Fresh Juice Shop: Feeling a little tired? Sample some refreshing juice before continuing on our walk. Discover how the elements of this juice help balance the other tastings on the tour. This shop is one of the oldest shops in the neighborhood.
- Preserved Fruits Specialty House: This little gem has been serving Hong Kong for more than 100 years. It offers a huge array of traditional Chinese preserved fruits. Try various kinds and learn about their benefits.
- Dim Sum Corner: A truly family-run business, with brothers, sisters, in-laws, nephews and nieces all pitching in. Savor a selection of dim sum and look out for others you could try when you return.
- Local Bakery: Check out this tiny bakery on a side alley. For dessert, sample one of the tarts hot out of the oven.
- Plus many other cultural, historical and architectural highlights.
WHAT TO KNOW BEFORE TICKET PURCHASE
- There is no minimum participant required for each tour. To keep it intimate, the maximum is 12.
- Tours do not operate on Sundays and public holidays.
- If you have any dietary preference or restriction, please indicate when you purchase your tickets.
- We will meet on Queen's Road Central in the Central district. Exact meeting location and detailed directions will be sent automatically with your order confirmation. Please check your junk email box in case you do not receive it.
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable. Please check carefully for tour dates and times before purchasing.
ON THE DAY OF THE TOUR
- Tour takes place as scheduled except under Red/Black storm warning, Typhoon signal #8 or above. In case of inclement weather, please check our website for updates. We will contact the Tour Organizer three hours prior to the departure time of the tour and make arrangements for rescheduling or refunds.
- Many of the six tastings come in regular-size portions, serving enough for a meal. We recommend that you eat a hearty breakfast or an light, early lunch before the food tour.
- As we will be walking or standing for much of our 3-hour-30-minute tour, we suggest you wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
- Summer months (April - September) in Hong Kong can be very hot. It is recommended that you wear sun protection, including sun block, sunglasses or a hat.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
If you have any other questions, please visit the FAQ section of our website.
Hong Kong Travel Agent License Number: 353577
Member of HATA and TIC