Sham Shui Po Foodie Tour
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: SSP
COME JOIN OUR SHAM SHUI PO FOODIE TOUR!
Savor the Food — Follow us on a food trail to explore one of Hong Kong's most fascinating neighborhoods -- Sham Shui Po. This old Kowloon district houses a plethora of foodie hot spots, from sixty-year-old eateries serving Hong Kong's most beloved dishes, to specialty food stores with delicacies that give Cantonese food its subtle yet rich flavors, to a hidden heaven that will light up the eyes of professional and home chefs alike.
On our fun and entertaining food tour, eat like a local and taste both sweet and savory classics at six family-run eateries. Learn how each specialty has been perfected over time and why local regulars keep frequenting these places.
Experience History, Architecture & Culture -- Having escaped much of recent urban redevelopment, Sham Shui Po has retained much of its history, tradition and charm from Hong Kong's yesteryears. Immerse in this neighborhood to experience a vibrant working-class community coming to life in the morning. In between tastings, stop by at iconic cultural remnants that offer a blast to the past. As we stroll along this area, learn about the changes Sham Shui Po has seen over the last few decades.ITINERARY
Delicious food specialties are served on the Sham Shui Po Foodie Tour (subject to change):
- Hong Kong Style Cafe (Cha Chang Teng): Freshly baked and steaming hot! Try a quintessential Hong Kong breakfast with our favorite bun and tea.
- Local Breakfast Joint: Taste some beloved steamed rice rolls and mix in a variety of sauces, just the way locals like it.
- Soy Specialty Shop: This store only sells three products, all made of soy. Take a gulp of some of the freshest soy milk and learn about the different soy products.
- Dumpling Restarant: Fresh, hand-wrapped dumplings will surely make you salivate.
- Legendary Bakery: Try two different types of their freshly baked cookies and see which you like better.
- Oodles of Noodles Restaurant: This award-winning family-run restaurant serves noodles handmade fresh daily. Savor egg noodles smothered with a special topping. It's like nothing you have ever tasted before.
- Savor a total of 10 tastings plus many other cultural, historical and architectural highlights.
WHAT TO KNOW BEFORE TICKET PURCHASE
- There is no minimum participant required for each tour. To keep it intimate, the maximum is 8.
- Tours do not operate on Sundays and public holidays.
- If you have any dietary preference or restriction, please indicate when you purchase your tickets.
- We will meet in Sham Shui Po MTR Station. Exact meeting location and detailed directions will be sent automatically with your order confirmation. Please check your junk email box in case you do not receive it.
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable. Please check carefully for tour dates and times before purchasing.
ON THE DAY OF THE TOUR
- Tour takes place as scheduled except under Red/Black storm warning, Typhoon signal #8 or above. In case of inclement weather, please check our website for updates. We will contact the Tour Organizer three hours prior to the departure time of the tour and make arrangements for rescheduling or refunds.
- Many of the six tastings come in regular-size portions, serving enough for a meal. We recommend that you eat a hearty breakfast or an light, early lunch before the food tour.
- As we will be walking or standing for much of our 3-hour-30-minute tour, we suggest you wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
- Summer months (April - September) in Hong Kong can be very hot. It is recommended that you wear sun protection, including sun block, sunglasses or a hat.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
If you have any other questions, please visit the FAQ section of our website.
Hong Kong Travel Agent License Number: 353577
Member of HATA and TIC